Have you ever considered being a foster parent? Would you be willing to open your heart to a child who has experienced abuse and/or neglect and is looking for a safe, temporary, therapeutic home? If you meet all of the requirements outlined below, please contact the Gándara Center for more information. You will receive support through specialized case managers and services in addition to 24-hour on-call support. Our foster parents are expected to provide care and nurturing for the duration of the child’s stay; in return foster parents receive a daily tax-free financial reimbursement of $58.45 per child to help provide basic food and shelter needs, supervision, support and safety.
At Gándara, we believe there are no unwanted children, just unfound families.
* Must be at least 21 years of age
* Possess a high school degree, G.E.D. or equivalent
* Submit to and pass a Criminal Offenses Record Investigation (CORI)
* Reliable income to meet current basic household needs and expenses
* Own, have available at all times, and be licensed to operate a motor vehicle
* Provide references
* Pass a home assessment
* Be physically and mentally capable of providing adequate care and response to a foster youth
Contact: Nicole Coughlin, firstname.lastname@example.org
(413) 736-2359 x 4701
Read more about foster parenting through Gándara Center.