Gándara Center is a nonprofit company that promotes the well-being of Hispanics, African-Americans and other culturally diverse populations through innovative, culturally competent behavioral health, prevention and educations services.
Integrated Care Coordinator for the Outpatient Clinic
Gándara Center is looking for a committed, dependable, organized, positive and motivated person like you to become part of their team.
The Outpatient Clinic is in need of a Care Coordinator.
The Care Coordinator will provide services for individuals with serious mental illness for new Primary Care and Behavioral Health Integration (PCBHI) initiative. The care coordinator provides integrated health care and wellness services as a member of a multidisciplinary team working in coordination with therapists, psychiatrist(s), and primary care providers. individuals.
$500 upon hire
$500 at the end of probationary period (6 months)
$1000 at the 2 year anniversary
EDUCATION for Care Coordinator
- Licensed Practical Nurse
- Master Level Mental Clinician
EXPERIENCE for Care Coordinator
- 2 years
- In Primary Care setting
- Working with adults with serious mental illness and co-occurring substance use disorders
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS for Care Coordinator
- Proficient in Microsoft applications and Electronic Health Record (EHR)
- Demonstrated understanding of client/family driven treatment and the wrap-around approach to services.
- Exceptional demonstrated writing and organizational skills
- Exceptional demonstrated interpersonal skills
- Bilingual English/Spanish (preferred)
Responsibilities for Care Coordinator
- Serve as a link between the consumer, the PCP and specialists.
- Participate in PCBHI staff conferences, case reviews and team meetings
- Monitors the participant progress using reporting tools, extracting data from the participant medical records and monitoring adherence to medical and behavioral treatments.
- Support integrated clinicians by following up with clients to determine if they have followed through with recommended services and referrals.
- Assessing barriers when patients are not meeting treatment goals, not following treatment care planning or have not kept important appointments
- Coordinating care with hospital, ER, consulting physicians, and community resources
- Facilitate and organize team integration meetings for coordination of care.
- Develops and documents workflow for the PCMH delivery model and the reporting of outcomes, including:
- Participating with project team and performance improvement staff to develop and document workflows and protocols for the delivery model
- Retirement Plan 403(b)
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- 11 paid Holidays