|To work within the Outpatient Clinic’s team model, establishing open communication, support, and accountability among workers and consumers. S/he is accountable to the Clinical Supervisor, who is responsible for providing supervision and training. The Clinician is one who actively promotes the philosophy of the Outpatient Clinics and maintains a high level of commitment to the program.
- Assess the needs of walk-in clients and phone callers and ensure their referral to the service or resource to best address those needs.
- Plan, coordinate and evaluate direct and indirect facility assessments and client admissions making decisions concerning the level of care for treatment.
- Facilitate crisis intervention.
- Provide documentation and reports to referral providers.
- Collaborate with other providers to create continuity of care.
- Participate in multidisciplinary teams to present cases for proper treatment.
- Identify and address safety concerns to ensure the safety of patients and service providers.
- To participate in scheduled supervision with the Clinical Supervisor.
- To perform other duties as assigned by the Clinical Supervisor and/or Director of Outpatient Clinics.
- To adhere to program and agency policies and procedures.
- To attend scheduled staff meetings, weekly case conferences, and in service training.
- To maintain client records in accordance with standard format and timetables.
- Must have advanced knowledge and clinical skills in diagnosis and treatment of mental health and substance use disorders.
- Must have excellent listening skills with a pleasant demeanor that encourages and engages others.
- Must have strong assessment and intervention skills.
- MSW, MA, or M.Ed in social work, psychology, counseling or related field required.
- Must be licensed or license eligible for one of the following: LMHC, LADCI, LICSW, or LCSW.
- Must have mental health or substance abuse treatment experience, strong communication (written and verbal) and customer service skills, and excellent organizational skills.
- Must be bilingual, preferably bi-cultural.