Position Purpose and Objectives:
The Shift Supervisor is an evolution of the Direct Care II staff and is expected to continue to fulfill all expectations of a DCII. In addition to those expectations, the Shift Supervisor will take a leadership role. To maintain a therapeutic environment within the residence, this includes meeting the needs of the client in the following areas: safety, medical, emotional, food, clothing and shelter. To supervise Direct Care/Relief Workers in those areas and provide support and training as needed. Maintain consistent manner in implementing reasonable limits and structure for each client on a daily basis in the residence and in the community. Maintain contact with families and collaterals as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
Client Services Responsibilities
- To assure that applicable rules, policies and procedures are being followed on their shifts.
- To provide leadership to their shift.
- To implement each client’s individual Level Plan objectives under the direction of the Clinical Supervisor and Program Supervisor.
- Ensure all necessary documentation for shift is completed accurately and submitted for review.
- To act as a client advocate.
- To provide appropriate, safe responses to emergency situations when necessary.
- To develop strong, supportive relationships with the clients and employees.
- To provide for client care and safety, and observe all safety measures.
- To recognize that ethnic and cultural diversity of each individual must be valued and respected.
- Access, plan and implement crisis interventions with clients.
- To notify Program Director immediately in the event of a client crisis, suspected illegal activity or any behavior constituting an incident in the program.
- Implement and organize a variety of appropriate recreational and social activities.
- To ensure routine housekeeping tasks are completed during shift.
- To assist clients with activities of daily living, including but not limited to food shopping & preparation, housekeeping, banking, appointments, etc.
- To perform other duties as assigned by the Assistant Director and/or Program Director.
Administrative Responsibilities/Record Keeping
- Knows and understands all pertinent aspects of Agency policies and procedures
- Knows and understands EEC licensing requirements as they apply to their shifts.
- Attends and participates in all required staff meetings and training sessions.
- Job Requirements
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Good communication skills both verbal and in writing.
- Ability to deal with conflict in an appropriate manner.
- Ability to master First Aid, CPR, Defensive Driving, Fire Safety and Administering Medication.
- Ability to maintain proper attendance.
- Displays sound judgment.
- Works well as a team member, provide direction for direct care workers during assigned shifts
- Seeks and uses management staff for training and supervision.
- Attends Agency and Department required meetings and trainings
- Displays excellent supervisory and delegation skills
- Ability to deal with diverse population at varied levels of management
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Assist Assistant Director in providing supervision to Direct Care Workers as necessary
- Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences or 2 yrs related field preferred.
- Demonstrates excellent leadership skills.
- At least two years of experience in Human Services working with adolescents.
- Prior supervisory experience.
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Must meet Agency requirements for driving history records.
- Must have availability of an automobile to transport clients or perform other supportive services as necessary.
Please submit resumes for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org